Today launched the first sailing of 2018 Disney Cruise Line Star Wars Day at Sea. Guests on select sailings now through April encounter out of this galaxy experiences. Brand new experiences on Disney Cruise Line’s Star Wars Day at Sea for 2018 feature the Dark Side, the Resistance, the droids and more!
Enjoy legendary service, dazzling entertainment, and fabulous dining as you cruise through the Caribbean, Star Wars Day at Sea 2018 includes these out-of-this-galaxy experiences:
The Dark Side
- To kick off Star Wars Day at Sea celebrations the night before the event, Darth Vader and Stormtroopers march into the ship’s atrium for an Imperial takeover.
- Kylo Ren appears in “Jedi Training Academy,” where young Jedi-in-training summon courage and the Force facing off against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.
- Rey takes the stage in the “Summon the Force” nighttime deck show that celebrates great moments from across the Star Wars galaxy including iconic characters and new favorites, complete with an epic fireworks finale accompanied by John Williams’ musical score.
- In “Porgs Onboard! Scavenger Hunt,” Chewbacca needs your help tracking the Porgs wreaking havoc throughout the ship. You’ll find and decode secret messages to solve a ship-wide quest and be greeted by everyone’s favorite Wookiee at the end of your adventure.
- In the days leading up to the epic celebration, check out all of the Star Wars feature films in the Buena Vista Theatre, culminating in a showing of the newest film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
Fun for the whole family
- New in 2018, guaranteed a time to meet and take photographs with C-3PO and R2-D2, Chewbacca and Darth Vader. Before stepping onboard, reserve these character encounters online under the My Disney Cruise section of disneycruise.com.
- Guests step into the saga and pose with a life-size replica of Han Solo frozen in Carbonite, as well as other cool Star Wars-themed backdrops.
- In Star Wars Drawing Academy, guests learn to draw some of their favorite Star Wars characters and a new character from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” Is it a Porg? You’ll just have to wait and see!
- Star Wars-themed interactive games, trivia and activities for the whole family will be hosted by your Disney cruise staff on the pool deck and in the D Lounge.
These are the droids you’re looking for
- C-3PO will make an appearance in Star Wars: Command Post in Disney’s Oceaneer Club. During a special activity, children train to be members of the Resistance and fend off the First Order. C-3PO pays a visit to check on their training and further human-cyborg relations.
- Droid Racing is a fast-paced activity that the whole family will enjoy where guests can race BB-Unit droids around a course in the ship’s atrium.
- In a hands-on activity for families, everyone tests their skills to become master droid builders and create an intergalactic droid.
All of these cool new experiences are included in a Star Wars Day at Sea cruise. Worried you are too late to set sail this year? All hope is not lost to embark on your epic voyage. Contact me for availability and pricing on your Star Wars Day At Sea or any Disney Cruise Vacation. As an authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I can help make your dreams come true!
Latest posts by Julie @RunWalkRepeat (see all)
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018
- A Look at Pixar Pier Disney California Adventure - July 30, 2018