Walt Disney World vacations are even more magical in 2018 for guests staying at one of the seven Disney Springs Hotels. Through the end of 2018, Disney Springs Hotel guests receive select benefits now offered to Official Walt Disney World Resort guests. New benefits offered include Extra Magic Hours and 60-day Advanced FastPass+ booking window.
Disney Springs Hotels Offering New Benefits:
- B Resort & Spa – the stylish resort opened in June 2014 with 394 newly renovated guest rooms, the full-service B Indulged AVEDA Spa, and features American Kitchen Bar & Grill
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista – the 18-story, 325-room resort overlooks scenic Lake Buena Vista and the Walt Disney World Resort, and offers two restaurants, a lounge, and wireless internet
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando – the luxurious resort hotel features 229 spacious suites, and is the only all-suite resort hotel in the Disney Springs Resort Area
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace –the 27-acre, newly renovated hotel features a beautifully redesigned pool area with four pools, seven restaurants and lounges, spa, and a Character Breakfast every Sunday
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – the closest hotel to Disney Springs, the resort offers two pools, a Disney Character Breakfast each Sunday, seven restaurants and lounges (including Benihana Steakhouse), and 24-hour fitness center
- Holiday Inn Orlando – offers the ideal setting to stay and play, featuring modern Florida décor, a beach entry swimming pool, and complimentary Wi-Fi in all guest rooms and public areas
- Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista – featuring a Disney Character Breakfast 3 days a week, 394 guest rooms, six dining options, and the Oasis Aquatic Pool Playground with interactive water features
What are Extra Magic Hours?
Each day, one of the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks opens early or extends closing to later for certain guests to enjoy select attractions. During select dates, the Extra Magic Hours benefit may also be offered at a Disney Water Park. To begin using this Extra Magic Hours benefit, Disney Springs Hotel Guests will need a valid, official Extra Magic Hours voucher from the hotel, and a valid Walt Disney World theme park ticket. Guests without the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option must use their ticket for admission to the same theme park where they would like to enjoy the Extra Magic Hours benefit.
What are differences in 2018 benefits between Disney Springs Hotels and Official Walt Disney World Resorts?
- Resort fees and parking fees in addition to room rate at Disney Springs Hotels, there are no fees at an Official Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disney Springs Hotel guests driving to the parks will pay to park, Walt Disney World Resort Guests receive complementary park parking.
- Bus transportation is available from the Disney Springs Resorts to the theme parks and run an estimated 30 minutes and in the evenings to Disney Springs, buses from Walt Disney World Resorts run every 15 – 20 minutes.
- Disney Springs Guests are NOT eligible for complementary airport transportation via Magical Express that Walt Disney World Resort Guests receive.
Other benefits offered to Disney Springs Hotel guests:
- Disney Springs Hotel Guests receive the new “Disney Springs Passport” booklet that features discounts and specials from Disney Springs merchants on entertainment, shopping and dining. Among the coupons featured in the booklet are discounts and special offers at House of Blues Restaurant & Bar, T-REXTM Café, Paddlefish, Rainforest Café at Disney Springs Marketplace, The Polite Pig, The Boathouse, STK Orlando, Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs Marketplace, Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop, Crystal Arts by Arribas Brothers, Dino Store at T-REXTM, Rainforest Café Retail Village, American Threads, Johnny Was, and Sephora.
- Advance tee times and discounts at all Walt Disney World® Resort golf courses
- The ability to book advance dining and dinner show reservations for all restaurants across the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Why Stay at a Disney Springs Hotel?
With nearly 30 food and beverage outlets and restaurants, over 3,700 rooms and an array of amenities, the Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels offer a rate, space and menu to please every guest. Located in the heart of the Disney Springs area, these properties are within walking distance of exceptional shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
Will Official Walt Disney World Resorts change benefits?
There are 25 Official Walt Disney World Resorts which will continue to offer the following benefits:
- Unique Walt Disney World Theming
- Extra Magic Hours benefit (requires valid theme park admission)
- The ability to make FastPass+ selections up to 60-days prior to arrival (requires valid theme park admission and MyDisneyExperience.com account)
- Convenient Magic Bands for each resort guest
- Complimentary transportation (motor coach, buses and ferry boats) around the Walt Disney World® Resort and standard parking at Disney theme parks,
- Disney’s Magical Express service available at no extra charge
- The ability to purchase Disney dining plan packages
- Delivery of Park Purchases to your resort room
- No Resort Fee
- Complimentary Parking at Disney Parks
What is a Good Neighbor Hotel?
Why yes, there is another group or hotels. Walt Disney World designated several hotels as official Good Neighbor Hotels offering value, convenience and quality to every Central Florida visitor. All Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels are officially designated Good Neighbor Hotels and do NOT offer the same benefits as Disney Springs Hotels. To be clear, Good Neighbor Hotels do NOT offer access to Extra Magic Hours in 2018 and the advanced FastPass+ window opens 30 days prior to park visits.
Good Neighbor hotels:
- Offer standard rooms, suites and villa-style accommodations:
- Are AAA-approved
- Meet Disney standards for quality and service
- Guest Services desk to assist you with your Disney vacation planning and ticket purchases located at hotel
- Provide guests with access to Walt Disney World® Resort information prior to arriving in the Disney Theme Parks
- Are comfortable, convenient and close to the Walt Disney World Theme Parks
Need Help Planning Your Vacation?
It can be overwhelming with all the choices and differences in Official Disney World Resorts versus Disney Springs versus Good Neighbor Hotels. Need help? As an authorized Disney Vacation Planner, I can help you find the best resort for your budget and vacation needs when visiting the most Magical Place on Earth. There is something for everyone and every budget. Contact me for your vacation quote on your next Disney Vacation.
Have you stayed at a Disney Springs Hotel?
Latest posts by Julie @RunWalkRepeat (see all)
- Marvel Character Dinner Dine with Your Favorite Super Heroes - January 16, 2018
- New Experiences on Disney Cruise Line Star Wars Day At Sea for 2018 - January 12, 2018
- Two Ingredient Bagels Weight Watchers Recipe - January 11, 2018