My head is spinning with all the news from the Disney Parks Awaken Summer media event this past week at Walt Disney World resorts. I have a FULL What’s New This Week list go here. Got a trip planned and want to know about the latest list of refurbishments, renovations and attraction closures, you can review that here. Here is What’s New at Disney World this Week:
I was so excited to see the following coming this summer:
Soarin’ Around the World set to open at BOTH Disneyland and Walt Disney World June 17th! The next generation of Soarin’ attractions film featuring landmarks from the globe including the Great Wall of China and Sidney’s Opera House will premiere at Shanghai Disneyland. One of my favorite park attractions, its a wind-through- your-hair flight with more than a dozen breathtaking views of the wonders of the world. I am so happy this attraction is set to open again, it has been missed! You can ride Soarin’ Around the World in Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort and in Disney’s California Adventure in the Disneyland resort.
Frozen After After Opening in June – no specific dates announced yet. Trolls and others return Epcot’s Norway Pavilion taking the ride space formerly known as Maelstrom. You will be transported to Arendelle and ride to the “Winter in Summer” celebration where Elsa creates a winter in summer day for the entire kingdom. And YES trolls ARE back as you pass Troll Valley on your way to icy North Mountain and Queen Elsa’s Ice Palace. After disembarking, guests can top off the Frozen experience by meeting the royal sisters in their new Royal Sommerhus greeting location.
Animal Kingdom after Dark, the Kingdom Awakens at Night: While the opening of Rivers of Light show has been delayed, never fear, a new show will take its place this summer. Other new nighttime activities are sure to please:
- “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” Show – For the summer, Discovery River will become the stage for a limited-engagement show inspired by Disney’s hit live-action film “The Jungle Book.” “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” is filled with music and special effects that celebrates the new film and the classic songs, now infused with an Indian influence. Note: This show is taking place where Rivers of Light was scheduled to debut.
- Watch the Park’s iconic Tree of Life come alive nightly! The tree will literally come alive as animal spirits come to life via magical fireflies
- Take a night time Kilamanjaro Safari
- Experience park attractions Expedition Everest, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur and the Midway of Dinoland at night!
- New shows and street parties.
For more details and other news on what is changing, coming and happening at Walt Disney World – read here. Its alot to keep up with!
What changes are you most excite about this summer at Walt Disney World?
Latest posts by Julie @RunWalkRepeat (see all)
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018