I am fascinated by the subscription boxes I have seen my friends receiving and was excited to try Bulu Box subscription for 3 months. I like the idea of discovering new products to try in my quest for a healthier me. What is Bulu Box you ask? You sign up for a monthly subscription for a fee and each month you receive samples of health and nutrition products to try. A great way to test the waters. You can earn points and “cash back” by reviewing the products on the Bulu Box web site once tried. You can read more about Bulu Box here.
I signed up for the Bulu Box Weight Loss Box – I was able to choose between this and the original box when I set up my order subscription. I have been trying to drop weight I put on last year and was interested to see what types of samples they would include.
Sign up process was a snap. My January Box came and here is what was inside:
On the back side of the card that lists all the products is a Sample Journal that makes it easy to quickly jot down notes of “How I felt before” and “How I felt after” with each product. My box contained:
- Mediterranean Snacks Baked Lentil Crackers
- Miracle Tree Morninga Organic Wellness Tea
- UMPH! Pre-Workout Formula
- Nutrex Research LIPO-6 Black Ultra Concentrate
- Magnetic Motivation Words
My favorite items were the Mediterranean Snacks Baked Lentil Crackers and the Miracle Tree Moringa Tea. The crackers were quite satisfying in flavor and crunch. If you are gluten free, these are a nice treat…hey even if you are not gluten free. The tea is caffeine free, but did give me energy. I enjoyed the taste of the tea and the benefits of 47 antioxidants, 36 anti-inflamatories, 25 Vitamins and Proteins appeal to me. I would buy both of these products.
The UMPH! Pre-workout formula I don’t think is a product for me as I am sensitive to stimulants and the package says people sensitive to stimulants and caffeine should be only start with half the package. I did mix and taste it, it tasted fine, but for me this was not something I would use in my running. Truth is I have a product I am quite happy regarding fueling before a run, so I am not looking to switch.
The Nightfood Cookies and Dream bar was good – filling and crunchy. It definitely tasted like cookies and creme as if there were crushed up cookies in the middle. If you like to snack on protein bars, I would say its worth a try – I like variety, so its always nice to find something new that tastes good.
Two products I questioned:
- PreToxx dietary supplement which is marketed to “help prevent hangover symptoms”. Yes, its full of vitamins that help when one is dehydrated from over indulging and it contains prickly pear extract and milk thistle which helps keep the liver healthy and function. I only question why a box for diet and weight loss would include a product marketed to to help a hangover from over drinking – not the product itself. There are instructions on the back that suggest to help support a healthy liver, take one tablet a day – I took one tablet for 4 days in a row, no bad reaction and I do drink my liver detox tea (also milk thistle) to try to flush out toxins, so really its the same thing in tablet form.
- Nutrex Lipo 6 Black Ultra Concentrate – there was one pill to sample. I am not sure anyone could determine if this product works from one pill. I suppose if you are looking for this kind of thing, you can see if it upsets your stomach or how you feel after taking before you buy larger quantities. This is not the product for me, again caffeine issues.
Overall I am happy with the products I received. Sure, not everything was my cup of tea, but I did find three products I liked and would recommend.
I am looking forward to seeing what comes in February.
Are you a subscriber to any Subscription Boxes? Do you find value in paying for samples to discover new things?
Latest posts by Julie @RunWalkRepeat (see all)
- Five Reasons to Visit Volcano Bay - October 3, 2018
- Raccoon Mountain Caverns A Fun Family Adventure - August 10, 2018
- New Marvel Boutique Opens at Universal Orlando Resort With All the Gear a Super Stylish Super Hero Needs - August 3, 2018